Monday, July 10, 2006

Happy Camper #1

Maybe I should've titled this "How I Survived Spencer's First Day at Camp." Today was Spencer's first real day camp experience. At 5 hours long, it was the longest he's been out of the care of a family member. Certainly the longest he's been without my food supervision. He had a great time, befriending an autistic camper, swimming, playing, and running around. Some of the campers had peanut products in their lunches so he had to eat separately, but he didn't seem to mind. For the first time he ate the entire lunch I packed him and said he needed more food. I'm so proud of him. And me, for not spying on him the whole time.

Evie had fun with just Mom and has already started thinking about what she wants to do the rest of the week. Yeah for all of us!

No comments: