Thursday, July 20, 2006

Dessert disaster averted

Last night, in a fit of frustration over kids who would not eat a bite of dinner and looking for a bribe, I found a box of instant chocolate pudding hidden in the cupboard. Gleefully, I mixed it up with chocolate soy milk, knowing that they would eat sawdust if it meant they could have dessert. After pouring 8 little cups of pudding (this was a big box) I remembered that instant pudding won't do its pudding magic with anything but animal milk. DRAT! Just as I was about to dump all my carefully poured little cups down the drain I remembered the popsicle molds that were being ignored in the plastics cabinet. Hurray! Salvation!

OK, yes, I realize that this is a dessert almost as old as instant pudding, but I was quick on my feet and oh, so smart all in one second! The kids ended up eating toast right before bed since they never ate any dinner and were hungry, but they loved the pudding pops after lunch today. Now I have to figure out a way to contain the mess. Body bibs, anyone?

No comments: