Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We are all connected...

and boy, don't we hate it when we're not? We lost our internet connection yesterday and part of today, most likely because of a storm. It's hard not to be connected. Also, I didn't realize how much I use the internet as a reference. Whenever I want to look up hours for a business or anything else, the web is the first place I look. It's amazing. Now our network isn't available (no home server or computer) because the outlet in the office is fried. I'm working in the bedroom on a nightstand connected directly to the modem. I wonder if Alan will set up the router in here, too? Hmmm.

Yesterday Alan's parents took the kids to the Fun Frolic. They had a great time. We rushed it at the end because of swimming lessons only to find out once we got to the pool that lessons were cancelled due to flooding. If the internet had been working at home I would have known this through Twitter and we would have been able to stay at the Fun Frolic later. But we were all hot and sweaty, so maybe it's a good thing that we were able to go home and wash everyone off.

A blast from the past today--Evie wanted to skate on the kitchen floor after it got mopped. Both kids did a pretty good job getting the floor dry and I only had to touch it up in spots.

No comments: