Sunday, May 13, 2007

The perfect Mother's Day

Today was pretty much perfect. They let me sleep in a little, and when I came down I had to wait until they got in their places. (I was told that next time I should stay in bed until they get me.) When I walked into the kitchen there were streamers hanging over the door and they threw little balloons up into the air. There was a card, some "princess" flip flops, and some flowers to plant, and a NEW BIKE! Yeah! So exciting!

For the rest of the morning I worked in the garden. The kids were supposed to help me plants the flowers they bought and water the plants we've already put in, but Spencer went to play with the neighborhood kids and Evie didn't want to get her feet pricked by the pricker weeds, so she stayed inside while Alan watched the F1 race. Once we finally got ourselves together we went over to my mother-in-law's to help her hang a blind.

Spencer got a little upset and out of control, so instead of the kids hanging out with their grandparents for the rest of the afternoon we came home and Alan worked on fixing our phone line, which wasn't working for some reason. That took 2 hours. It turns out Spencer had eaten 2 bags of gummie type candy, which explains why he wouldn't eat real food and was behaving like a stinker.

My mother-in-law came over to hang out with the kids while we exchanged my bike for a smaller size, had dinner, and did the grocery shopping. I put Evie to bed and then took a bike ride while Alan put Spencer to bed.

It was a really great day. The best Mother's Day I've ever had.

No comments: