Friday, October 20, 2006

Sponge worthy

Today we made bread from scratch using the sponge method. I set up the sponge overnight and we took little bits of time out of the day for the various steps. It wasn't as fun or educational as I had hoped and the bread was difficult to knead, but the kids actually ate something with "seeds" (wheatberries) in it. That's a step.

Oh yeah, and we also raked leaves, played in the sandbox, drew pictures, cut pictures out of magazines, did a little cleanup, and watched the Magic School Bus. A slow day, but not boring. Well, it must've been a little boring because I found a bag of marshmallows behind Spencer's chair that I had just moved to a high cabinet this morning.

And if you thought what I think you thought when you read the title of this entry, then you either have a dirty little mind or you're watching too much t.v. (or both)!

No comments: