Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Evie had a great time "flying" around the neighborhood (courtesy of Daddy) on her broomstick. After the party on Saturday she decided that she wanted to be a witch instead of a princess. She wore her black spider web pants, orange pumpkin shirt, witch hat and carried her yellow broom. She insisted on walking with the broom between her legs so she tired out easily. She did one street.

Spencer, on the other hand, did the whole neighborhood as Thomas the Tank Engine. We stayed with some neigbors for most of the way. At first he told people when they didn't have anything he knew was safe and just didn't take anything. Then I told him that if he took candy then I could exchange the things he couldn't have with things that he could. That satisfied him and he accepted whatever was offered.

In a bad mommy realization I noticed that not only did I not have Spencer's EpiPens with me but I didn't even have a cell phone. At least the neighbor had his, but that was really stupid of me. Spencer got several items that had peanuts and lots with milk. It could have been a disaster if any of the packages had been open. Spencer is smart enough not to eat anything he doesn't think is safe. It's not perfect, but he's slowly learning.

No comments: